Special Educational Needs/Inclusion
Miss K DunnTA / Art Technician
|THE LEARNING SUPPORT TEAM|
|Mrs J Lee-Potter||Inclusion Manager/ SENCo|
|Mrs Pollicott||TA / Princes Trust / Merit Shop|
|Miss C Andreou||TA / Business / Merit Shop|
|Mr S Dixon||TA / History|
|Miss C Parsons||TA / Drama|
|Miss R Jade||TA / English|
|Miss V Maiquez Munoz||TA /EAL /SEN|
All staff in the team are highly experienced and qualified and have been chosen very carefully.
What we believe
At Southborough we aim to create an inclusive environment where all pupils are valued equally and have the right to an education including a broad and balanced curriculum.
Who we support
We cater for the needs of all students including the following:-
- English as an Additional Language
- Refugee, Traveller and Asylum Seekers
- Those with medical needs
- Students with special educational needs including :-
- Those with communication difficulties including those on the autistic spectrum SLCN
- Learning difficulties both Global and specific LD & SpLD
- Students with behavioural .Emotional and Social Difficulties BESD
- Students with Physical and Sensory impairment PSSI including Visual and Hearing impairment VI&HI
- Looked after children (those in local Authority care)
- Students with identified low Literacy and Numeracy
- Students on dual registration attending the local pupil referral units PRU
With students with needs beginnings and endings are very important and to this effect we are very committed to each child experiencing a smooth transition between Primary and Secondary school
In order to achieve this we have high levels of consultation with both Primary school and parents prior to entry to Southborough.
Liaison / Support
- We listen to Parents boys and teachers regarding individual support needs.
- We offer support to all students outside of school hours via homework, breakfast and lunchtime clubs.
- We support students in class helping teachers with differentiation.
- We run small groups for literacy ,numeracy, coursework catch up and an alternative subject in KS4 Enjoy close liaison with the support agencies in the borough.eg EP,.EWO, Connexions.
- We run a reading initiative for identified students in year 7 where students make a great deal of progress.
Raising self esteem
- We understand that students need to develop self esteem and encourage this through sporting and extra curricular activities.
- We deliver an emotional literacy group for those students experiencing difficulties and in year 7 a confidence group for those having difficulties with making friends.
If parents have any concerns or queries they are welcome to e mail Mrs Lee-Potter on email@example.com or phone on 0208-391-4324 on extension 25.